3.1.08



costa rica was beautiful, amazing, eye-opening, and so many other great adjectivies. many tears were shed, life was evaluated, goals were made, fun times and great conversations were had, and many many intriguing and amazing people are now my friends. i would say a great vacation.

on the first day of my vacation i finished the book into the wild. this book spoke to me in volumes. i think the time and place in which i read it was perfect. i can see it meaning less if i wasn't about to depart on a journey in a country which i'd never been to before to rediscover myself and figure out what i'm doing in life. on the last day of my vacation i watched the film version. emile hirsch says a line in the film during his portrayal of chris mccandless that really hit me. he says "The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences." i will remember this whenever i'm feeling stagnant and stuck and it will breathe the life back into me.

i watched many movies upon my return to the states and seclusion in north carolina.

diggers
the kingdom
no country for old men
enchanted
fracture
the pursuit of happyness
pirates of the caribbean: at world's end
we are marshall

No comments: